So very True - Image by Anne Taintor

So very True - Image by Anne Taintor
I would like this on my very own business cards

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ding Dong..Avon Calling














My daily dose of spam job openings included six, count em, six job postings from Avon in one email from Monster this morning.  How delightful.  I go to college, work my butt off and the best fit I can get for 17 years of administrative and professional experience is as an Avon Lady.  What has the economy come to?

I have nothing against Avon Ladies Representatives (to be politically correct) I just don't believe it would be the best fit.  Besides, I wouldn't want to put my friends out of business.  I have 2 friends, a cousin and an aunt who sell Avon.  

However, this does present me with a research project.  I shall now start researching which direct sales company provides the best consultant benefits for compensation, discounts, incentives and product diversity.  I will pretend it is my job for the week. That will keep me busy along with trying to find a new house to rent, cleaning up this house, packing this house into boxes and moving those boxes into storage while I look for a different house to move into.  I am sure I can find time somewhere. 

The one thing about having all this free time is I don't really feel like I have any free time.  Most of it seems relegated to other tasks such as dishes, laundry, working at the business with my husband and spending hours a day on job searches and reading materials to stay current in my field since I am not practicing on a daily basis anymore.  Off to work I go....

Here is the email I received with 6 Avon postings.  I wasn't making that up.  I would never have been clever enough to make a joke like that:

No comments:

Post a Comment