So very True - Image by Anne Taintor

So very True - Image by Anne Taintor
I would like this on my very own business cards

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Somewhat Related to My Job Search But Mostly Why I Haven't Found a Job Yet

I have mentioned a time or two as to how discouraged I am about the availability of decent paying jobs or for things other than surrogacy, egg donation and direct-selling scams.  I read an article about the county planning department and how they are not renewing the contract for the director position.  I shall post the alarming section here:





 It goes to show that I am not alone.  The planning department at Flathead County has been reduced from 13 to 7.5 in the last year.  The county planning director's job is not going to be renewed and they may get rid of the assistance director position.  While this is very sad for those involved, it provides a sense of balance for me.  I am now rather sure that the lack of good jobs and no response from employers after submitting applications is due to other professionals like me who are competing (and there are so many of us that employers don't need to submit such niceties like rejection letters or follow-calls).  I guess this has become a contest amongst peers.   I shall win it.   I might have to win it by getting a job at a day spa or helping a friend fold sheets and bedding at a resort on Friday afternoons in May ***wait, I am doing that already but it is just to help her out and not really my job*** but I will win.......


Here is a link to the article on the Flathead Beacon:  http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/article/planning_board/17107/

No comments:

Post a Comment