So very True - Image by Anne Taintor

So very True - Image by Anne Taintor
I would like this on my very own business cards

Saturday, April 3, 2010

More Fake Job Offers

Prior to this job search I thought that spam was limited to get rich quick schemes and sending money to Nigeria. Apparently, it also applies to those who post their resumes on Careerbuilder.com and Monsterjobs.com.  What a sad, sad day it is for those of us who really want to work.  How many people get reeled into these scams and end up becoming insurance salespeople?  I am almost curious to respond to one of these but my desire to sell insurance is not there at all.  Plus, if it is legitimate I would have received a personal email or even a phone call not a mass-produced pretend letter of interest.  This is just so wrong.  If the insurance industry really needs people why don't they post the supposed job openings in the newspaper or on craigslist?  *Sigh*  
Now, I am beginning to doubt that anyone can actually find a real job using careerbuilder or monsterjobs.  If you know of anyone who has actually received jobs through these sites please let me know.  I am about to relegate them to the junk email folder for fake earning money sites such as daily surveys and mystery shopper jobs....


These are some of the emails I have received where people pretend to be interested in me.  I feel like the girl out with her friends at the bar stuck with the left over guy who is only there because his best friend is hooking up with your best friend-- so you have to stay with them only you don't want anything to do with their friend --so both of you pretend you are interested in each other even though there is no way in hell either of you will ever hook up or have anything in common and it will never go anywhere....  Aargh!









No comments:

Post a Comment